Independent Audit Review
Some members will be receiving postcards from Stephanie Willis, CPA. Ms. Willis is the independent auditor hired and authorized by the Credit Union’s Supervisory Committee to audit the books and operations of Sunset Science Park Federal Credit Union.
Independent account verification is a requirement of the audit process. If your records agree with your statements, there is nothing that you need to do. The account verification is an attempt to identify discrepancies only and is a tool used by auditors to confirm there is no fraud being perpetrated on member accounts.
If you have any questions, please contact Sunset Science Park Federal Credit Union at 503.643.1335 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is your credit card on the Dean’s List? Ours is…
We don’t need to tell you that all credit cards are not created equal. However we do want to tell you that our incredibly low-rate MasterCard® is recognized on the Dean's 5-Star List by The Credit Card Connection. Only 12% of all Credit Unions make that list.
Dean's List worthy features:
- Low fixed rate of 9.9% APR
- No penalty pricing
- No cash-advance fee, balance transfer fee, or annual fee
- No gimmicks or hidden fees
- Convenient worldwide ATM access
- Accepted at millions of locations worldwide
- Local, friendly service means we can help you fast whenever you need it. No phone mazes or long waits
To get your Dean’s List-worthy Sunset MasterCard, simply apply securely online anytime or stop by our office.
Credit Unions which have earned 5 Stars must have: No Balance Transfer Fees, No Penalty Pricing, No Annual Fee, APRs less than 18% and Late Fees Less than $25.
Borrowing Options – Which one is right for you?
Use the power of your home’s equity. Here’s how to choose the best option for your needs.
The equity in your home – which is roughly the amount it’s worth minus the amount you owe on it – can serve as a powerful financial tool. You can often borrow more at a lower interest rate than with other types of loans.
Home Equity Line of Credit
With our variable or fixed-rate Home Equity Line of Credit, you can choose between taking a large sum all at once or accessing the money as you need it. This makes it a good choice for remodeling your home, paying for college tuition, and serving as a source for emergency funds.
Home Equity Loan
This type of loan lets you borrow a specific amount and provides the stability of a fixed rate, fixed term with regular monthly payments. This is a good choice for consolidating your debts, purchasing big ticket items, or taking that long awaited dream vacation.
Benefits of Home Equity Financing
Whichever loan type you choose, both let you enjoy:
- Lower rates than with almost any other type of loan.
- The interest you pay is usually tax deductible (please consult with your tax advisor).
- You can take up to 20 years to repay which helps keep the payments affordable.
- There are no annual fees.
- You can borrow up to 80% of your home’s value.
- Our friendly, professional staff will guide you through the application process and answer any questions you may have.
- All decisions are made right here – at our office in Cedar Mill. No hoops to jump through, no hassles.
So kick back, relax and let the value of your home do the heavy lifting. To get your Home Equity Loan or Line of Credit, download our application stop by our office, give us a call at 503.643.1335.
Please Don’t Keep Us a Secret!
Tell your family members and neighbors to join us
Your family and friends are always welcome to join Sunset Credit Union, but they just might not know about us – or that they can join us.
As a member, they’ll enjoy low loan rates and family-like services. And just like you, they’ll have access to our FREE 24/7 convenient services like apps for iPhones, iPads, Android Smartphones and Kindle Fire.
They’ll also enjoy FREE Online Banking, Bill Pay, and AnyHour Loan. Plus, since all our accounts are insured up to $250,000, they can rest easy knowing their money is safe with us.
Next time you see a family member or a neighbor, please tell them about YOUR credit union and have them join us. We sure would appreciate it.
Put a Sunset Branch In Your Pocket
Free apps let you do all your transactions from the convenience of
Your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Android SmartPhone
Sunset is proud to be the smallest credit union nationwide to offer its members their own Sunset banking app. Now you can transfer money, pay your bills, get account balances and so much more – all from your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, iPod, or Android SmartPhone
To get your FREE iPhone app, simply go here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sunset-mobile-banking/id776038889?ls=1&mt=8
To get your FREE Android SmartPhone App, simply go here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homecu.shane
We're offering 1.95% APR on new and used auto loans
up to 36 months & 2.95%APR up to 72 months!
Yep, for a limited time you can get this incredible rate on NEW and USED autos. Outrageous huh? 1.95% APR is also good when you refinance your loan from another institution.
We can also help make buying a new or used vehicle easy, affordable and hassle-free.
Here's how :
- Use our car buying service Auto Solutions and they'll do all the searching for you and even negotiate your best deal. No more bouncing from dealer to dealer or drudging through their negotiating tactics - it's all done for you!
- If you want to do the shopping on your own, be sure to check out our special report – 5 Questions to Ask Before You Buy Your Next Vehicle. Filled with lots of tips and information, this will help ensure you get your best deal and eliminate getting a 'lemon'. Give us a call or email us at email@example.com to get this free report sent to you.
- Get your loan pre-approved with us and shop like a 'cash' buyer. Apply securely online anytime, or give us a call at 503.643.1335. You can also stop by our office and apply in person. Anyway you choose, you'll get a response - fast.
- Don't fall for the dealer added costs! We offer very affordable insurance options like Mechanical Breakdown Insurance and GAP insurance to protect you and your investment.
- We offer CarFax reports at no cost to our members - find out if your ideal car is hiding some flaws, previous accidents and more.
Is YOUR information with us correct?
Thieves are more active than ever, so for your safety, please make sure all your contact information is correct at the credit union. This includes your address, phone numbers and email addresses.
Remember, we will NEVER call you about your private information (account info, Social Security number etc.) Please be extra cautious when giving private information over the phone or via email.
Where do you keep Your Valuables?
Think of your most valuable papers and prized possessions. Now think of what would happen to them in case of a fire or if you were robbed. Why risk the chance of losing these items forever, when you can store them safely and securely in one of our Safety Deposit boxes?
With a variety of sizes, storing your important papers and other valuables in one of our Safety Deposit boxes is a wise decision. To open your box, simply give us a call or stop by our office today.
a Garage Sale, event or something special
our members to know about?
If you, your school, or your organization is
having an event you would like our members to
know about, simply email all the details of the event,
including dates, times, location and contact information
to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get it posted to this site.